A red velvet cheesecake is a combination of the red velvet cake and cheesecake. It’s probably one of the most delicious desserts around. If you are having that important party or simply looking to impress somebody, the red velvet cheesecake could smoothen your way considerably. However, the process is somehow tedious and it sure will eat up a good chunk of your time but the outcome is well worth it.Here is the recipe for the best cheesecake around: the red velvet cheesecake.
Red Velvet Cake:
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 ½ tablespoon of red liquid food color
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 32-ounce cream cheese
- ¾ cup of cream
- 1 ¼ cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 8-ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup of butter
1. You will need to pre-heat the oven to 350 F, butter a9” spring-form pan and cover the outside with a foil.
2. Beat the cream cheese along with the sugar in a sizable bowl for a few minutes or until the content is completely fine. You can then add a single egg at a time and each time beating the solution for about a minute. Add cream and vanilla extract and keep beating the solution until you are sure that everything is totally mixed.
3. Take the spring-form pan and empty the butter into it. You will require a much larger pan which the spring-form pan can fit loosely into. Heat water on the side till it boils and then dispense it into the bigger pan till it reaches the midpoint of the spring-form pan’s side.
4. You can bake the cheesecake for over half an hour while watching the sides till they go stiff, the rest of the cake should not be. Once the edges are clearly defined, switch off the oven but do not take the cheesecake out for an hour. Thereafter, take the spring-form pan from the water bath and let outside to cool back to normal temperature before putting the cheesecake away in a refrigerator to cool for at least five hours.
Red Velvet Cake:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Prepare two 9” cake pans by greasing them and lining their bottoms with parchment papers, then apply butter on the parchment papers before flouring the pans.
2. Use an electric mixer to cream the sugar and butter at a relatively medium speed until you notice that the content is frothy, this should not take longer than four minutes. With the mixer turned up to high-speed, add a single egg after another at intervals of at least a minute. You should keep on beating until everything is well mixed.
3. Using a different bowl, make a heavy paste out of the vanilla extract, food color,and the cocoa powder. Empty the paste into the batter and mix the content until you are that the color is even.
4. Drop your mixer’s speed to low and empty half of both the flour and buttermilk and mix them well. Repeat the process with the remaining buttermilk and flour.
5. Add vinegar, salt,and baking soda while the mixer is turned to low.
6. Take the batter and distribute it between the two pans of cake and bake for half an hour or so. Let the cakes cool a bit and then take them out of the pans to cool entirely.
Prepare the Icing:
Whip butter along with cream cheese for a few minutes and then put powdered sugar into the content and whip some more. Add the vanilla extract and mix the content accordingly, then go ahead and whip till the icing is frothy.
Final Touches for the Red velvet Cheesecake:
Place a layer of the red velvet cake on a cake platter and apply a film of icing on it. Add a layer of the cheesecake on top of the red velvet one and again apply icing before topping it up with the next red velvet cake. You can add more icing for decorative purposes, also crumbs are good for decoration. You can then put your red velvet cheesecake in the refrigerator.