Lava cake is arguably the fastest cake to make as the process will require about 5-8 minutes of one’s time. The cake has a hardened shell typically with a soft molten center that is nothing short of sweetness. It’s impressive in both taste and appearance of which one might find it difficult in believing that it is prepared in the microwave. The molten lava cake is on most occasions eaten as a dessert, but numerous people do not mind having it at any time of the day. People that experience cravings for sweet things can quickly prepare the cake at home all by themselves be it in the morning, afternoon or the middle of the night. As earlier mentioned, no oven is needed as one will only need the services of his or her microwave. Preparing the molten lava cake is cheaper and faster than one having to head to a restaurant and ordering a cake. There exist numerous of recipes and methods on how to make a molten lava cake. This article will give the most straightforward recipe around which will leave you with excellent mouth-watering results.
Things that will be needed
- One tablespoon of flour; all-purpose flour is advised
- One and a half tablespoon of powdered or granulated sugar
- One and a half or two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- A pinch of baking soda or bicarbonate baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- The eighth teaspoon of baking powder
- One egg; the egg is optional whereby you might choose to use one or not
- One piece of any chocolate that you prefer; this too is optional
- 15mililitres of water
- The eighth teaspoon of vanilla extract; optional
- One tablespoon of melted butter
- Mug or bowl that is safe for the microwave
1. Take the bowl or cup, whichever you have chosen to use, and pour the flour, pinch of salt, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder. After having done this, take the fork and use to mix or whisk the mixture until they have been excellently combined.
2. In the second step, one is required to add the vanilla, egg, milk and melted butter. Using the same fork, whip them together until they too are appropriately incorporated into the initial mixture.
3. Take the chocolate bit and place it gently on top of the mix. One needs just to leave there as the heat will push it down.
4. Take the tablespoon of water and sprinkle it on top of the batter.
5. Take the boil or cup and place it in the microwave for it to cook. This is the part in which one must be wary for there are different information on how much time the mixture should stay in the microwave. 1 minute and 20 seconds are what numerous people have suggested but so that you can be on the safe side, the recommended time indicated by this article is 1 minute 35 seconds. By this time in the microwave, one should be able to witness the mixture rising in the same way dough does. Upon touching it, it should feel sticky and to some extent center of the surface should seem shiny and wet. Due to the different time frames that are associated with each different microwave, one is advised to be time conscious and thus be able to try out the recipe until he or she finds the duration in which best fits his or her cooking. To guarantee that the center of the cake is molten-y and saucy, ensure that the cake does not over bake. If the center seems to be uncooked, one is allowed to let the cake cook for an extra six to twelve seconds.
6. Upon removing the cup or bowl from the microwave, one must allow it to cool for about five minutes. The wait also ensures that the bottom sauce gets to thicken. One can put ice cream or strawberries on top for decoration and can now enjoy it with an acquaintance, lover or all by themselves.
That is how one makes a chocolate lava cake. Short cups or bowls are majorly advised to be used, and for those that have trouble with using a microwave, the cake can be baked using an oven but the process will take between fifteen to 20 minutes, and the heat should be set at 400F/200C.